- Hur finansieras Liberapay?
- Liberapay finansieras på Liberapay.
- Vem kan använda Liberapay?
- Liberapay can be used by anyone who wishes to fund their work by collecting recurrent donations.
- Kan jag göra en engångsdonation?
- Liberapay is designed for long-term stable funding and only supports recurring gifts.
- What are the differences between Liberapay and other recurrent crowdfunding platforms like Patreon?
- Liberapay is only for donations, meaning that transactions must not be linked to a contract nor a promise of recompense.
- Liberapay is an open project structured around a non-profit organization, which sets it apart from commercial platforms like Patreon and Tipeee.
- We care about internationalization, our service supports multiple currencies and is translated into many languages (you can contribute).
If you'd like more details, the Snowdrift.coop folks have compiled a big list of crowdfunding platforms and the differences between them.
- Respekterar Liberapay finansiella regulationer?
- Yes. Liberapay is based in France and complies with the European Union's financial regulations. Our payment processors are all properly licensed, and they help us block fraud, money laundering, and terrorism financing.
- How do I know that my donation won't go to an impostor?
- You can usually check the authenticity of a Liberapay profile by looking at the social accounts connected to it. Only someone who controls a social account can connect it to a Liberapay profile, because the process includes an authentication step. You can also look for a link to a Liberapay profile in a project's official website. Finally if you have doubts about a specific account you can ask us and we'll look into it.
- How do I know that my pledges won't be claimed by an impostor?
- A pledge is linked to an account on another platform (e.g. GitHub) and it can only be claimed by someone who controls this account.
- Which countries and currencies are supported?
- See the “Globalt” page.
- Villka betalningsmetoder är tillgängliga?
- The available payment methods depend on which payment processors are supported by the recipient. If a payment is processed by Stripe, then most credit and debit cards (Visa, MasterCard, American Express) are accepted, as well as SEPA Direct Debits (for Euro donations only). If a payment is through PayPal, then it's possible to pay in various ways, however the donor needs to have or create a PayPal account.
- Vad är betalningsbearbetningsavgifterna?
- The fees vary by payment processor, payment method, countries and currencies. The average is expected to be below 5% in all cases.
- How are chargebacks handled?
- If despite our fraud prevention efforts you receive money whose origin is revealed to be fraudulent, it falls on you to pay it back.
- Finns det något minimi eller maxbelopp jag kan ge eller ta emot?
The minimum you can give any user is €0.01 per week, but in order to minimize processing fees you will be asked to pay for multiple weeks in advance.
The maximum you can give any one user is €100.00 per week. This helps to stabilize income by reducing how dependent it is on a few large patrons.
- Behöver jag betala skatt på inkomsten jag får från Liberapay?
- Vi vet inte det, det är upp till dig att se över ditt lands skatteregler.
- Är donationer genom Liberapay avdragsgilla?
- Antagligen inte, men det beror på skattereglerna i ditt land.
- What are wallets?
- Liberapay used to hold the funds of donors in wallets, but we no longer do that. Instead the full amount of a donation is immediately transferred to the recipient.
- What is “payday”?
Payday is a program (this one) that we run every Wednesday. It executes donations and notifies donors and recipients.